Awnings can provide a number of advantages for your house, both indoors and out. From aluminium to canvas, awnings are produced with an array of different materials in retractable and fixed styles. The following list briefly explains several of the advantage you can expect to achieve just by adding a beautiful awning to your home.
1. Protect against water damage
- Awnings can protect your home’s wood doors, door casings and window frames from damage caused by rain and precipitation.
- When an awning is used over an open window, it also prevents rain from leaking inside and damaging the windowsill.
2. Reduce home cooling costs
- Installing awnings over your windows can significantly lower your home’s energy costs during cooling season because your air conditioner does not need to work as hard to maintain a cool climate in your home.
- Window awnings provide enough shade to prevent a great deal of unwanted solar heat gain through the window panes.
- Ventilated awnings are an ideal choice because they also prevent heat from becoming trapped around the exterior of your windows.
3. Preserve interior furnishings
Awnings placed over windows provide adequate shade to protect your home’s decor and interior furnishings from becoming damaged by exposure to harsh, direct sunlight.
4. Protect the environment
- Less energy consumption in your home reduces the impact of global warming due to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Since awnings enable you to use less energy to cool your home, you’re helping the environment while saving money on electricity costs.
5. Increase the value of your home
Exterior awnings can increase the value of your home in three main ways:
- Higher curb appeal: attractive awnings make your home more visually appealing to prospective buyers.
- More living space: an awning placed over a patio or deck provides more outdoor living space that is covered and protected from nature’s elements.
- Energy efficiency: prospective home buyers typically place a higher value on homes with excellent energy efficiency. Since window and door awnings allow you to use less energy, buyers will perceive your house as being more valuable than one that doesn’t achieve the same kind of energy efficiency.
6. Talk to an exert
- Before selecting an appropriate awning for your home, discuss your options with a professional because the range of available styles and features is vast and varied.
Garden Umbrella and Sheds
Your Health. Have you ever wondered how much sun is too much? Well, it’s a pretty small amount, according to the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care. If you’re fair-skinned, five to ten minutes is more than enough. A large outdoor umbrella can protect you from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays from the sun.
Privacy. An umbrella will give you all kinds of privacy, and not just from neighbors looking down on your outside space. With cantilevered umbrellas that have an articulating arm, you can actually face the umbrella to whichever direction you want to block.
Use for All Seasons. Having an umbrella on your patio or deck in the summer is one thing, but you can use the umbrella all year round. Imagine sitting outside sipping a warm drink in the winter and photographing a sunset—while it’s snowing. A large outdoor umbrella will allow you to use your outside space during any season.
Temperature. Having shade in the summer doesn’t create a spot that’s actually cooler. However, it feels cooler in the shade because the umbrella is blocking the UV rays. In fact, it can feel ten degrees cooler under the umbrella. If you live in an area that is very hot and sunny in the summer, and umbrella will make a huge difference in your outside comfort.
Pets. Even if you aren’t too concerned about your own comfort, then think of the comfort of your pets. Pets will find a large spot to cool off if you have a large outdoor umbrella. Your pets feel the heat of the sun, too, and there’s a limit to how much they can take, unless you have pet reptiles. Too much sun is particularly harmful to dog breeds with a flat face, like bulldogs.
Protect Your Devices. Do you like to work outside? Then you know that you can’t let your laptop get too hot. Or your phone. Or your tablet. An umbrella will allow you to do whatever you want to do with your computer devices without anything overheating.